A pandemic will not stop Gethsemane Lutheran congregants from living out their baptism on “God’s Work, Our Hands” Sunday. There are plenty of opportunities to share God’s love!
UPDATE: “God’s Work Our Hands” Weekend a Success! A BIG THANK YOU to all who participated in Gethsemane’s “God’s Work Our Hands” weekend. We love all of the ways God worked through you.
Thanks to you:
- 1 Gethsemane sign will be revamped to welcome all to our church
- 4 children of single student mothers get to have incredible themed birthday parties
- 10 homebound members are wrapped in homemade Blankets of Love
- 18 donations of lifesaving blood will go to those who need it
- Dozens of homeless dogs and cats get to play with new toys
- Countless casseroles and sympathy cards are brightening up some very hard days
- Look What’s Cookin’…..The Casserole Ministry: Provide casseroles to Gethsemane friends to lift their spirit and just bring joy!
- Birthday Boxes for Jeremiah Program: Collect birthday party items to help families celebrate their child’s birthday! Sign up today to bring items on Sunday, September 12.
- Dog/Cat Toy Kits for the Austin Humane Society: Make dog and cat toys for our four-legged neighbors! Pick up a dog/cat toy making kit on Sunday, Sept. 5th from 9:30 am-Noon and return it on Sunday, Sept. 12th.
- Blankets of Love Kits: Assemble a blanket for people who are not able to participate in person as a reminder that they are loved and remembered by our community. Pick up a blanket making kit on Sunday, Sept. 5th from 9:30 am-Noon and return it on Sunday, Sept. 12th.
- Annual Gethsemane Blood Drive on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 (by appointment only): Eat well, drink lots of water, get plenty of rest and then give the gift of life on Saturday, September 11th from 9 am-1 pm following COVID-19 protocols. Please call the Gethsemane office, 512-836-8560, for an appointment. Leave your name, phone number and time available. No walk-ins accepted.
- The Gethsemane Sign Committee needs your input immediately after worship on Sunday, September 12 in the Steffans Parlor to discuss refurbishing the large sign on the back of the church property.
- Bereavement Sympathy Cards: Write a sympathy card to send to families who have lost a loved one during this difficult time.
- Gethsemane Food Pantry: Donate items for the food pantry…especially toilet paper and laundry soap.