January 12-14, 2024
Eagle Pass, TX
Join this special “encounter” or “encuentro” weekend for Gethsemane and San Lucas congregations to work side by side and expand our vision of ministry together. San Lucas is celebrating their 36-year history and Gethsemane has been a part of that ministry for over 27 years.
- All are “Called by Grace,” to participate: youth, singles, couples, those with and without children, from the very young to the not-so-young. There is something for all levels of ability. Youth under 18 are asked to have a parent or guardian along for the weekend experience.
- “Led by Faith, Welcoming All to Share God’s Love” – This is a great opportunity to work, worship, eat, and share together with the community of San Lucas.
- “God’s Work. Our Hands” – Saturday we will be working alongside members of San Lucas. Your special gifts will be to be put to use. Part of the group will do a modified Bible School experience in the afternoon with the children in the area. We will worship in Spanish Sunday morning. Be ready for some special fun this year!
Passports or birth certificates will NOT be needed as we will not be crossing the border as a group!
For any questions, speak to Pastor Susie or Dar Joy Krenek.
- Friday arrival and check-in at hotel
- Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided at San Lucas
- Saturday work projects will begin after breakfast
- Sunday breakfast provided, followed by worship
WHAT TO BRING
- Snacks, games, and goodies for sharing
- Musical instruments
We will be using the building and outdoor areas at Iglesia Luterana San Lucas for meals, VBS, and other activities BUT we will not be sleeping there. Please make your reservations at one of the motels close by. San Lucas is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, Southwest Texas Synod, in Eagle Pass, Texas.
The cost listed below for the weekend includes supplies for the work we do, and 4 meals: Saturday breakfast through Sunday breakfast (travel meals are on your own).
Cash or Check Cost (add $5 per registration to pay online):
$50 per person, ages 13 and above;
$25 per person, ages 4-12 (3 & under are free!)
$125 suggested maximum per family.
*Please make checks payable to Gethsemane Lutheran.
Payment is due by Jan. 8th.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
Special gifts may be given to help with project supplies and to support the ministries of San Lucas. All financial gifts are appreciated. Give online designating Border Missions.