February 25-26, 2023
Camp Chrysalis in Kerrville, TX
Register to join us for “Into the Wild: 41st Annual Family of Gethsemane Retreat” at Camp Chrysalis! This is a very special opportunity for friends and all members of the congregational family: singles, couples, those with and without children, from the very young to the not-so-young in years, but all young in spirit.
View the printed retreat brochure.
- All are “Called by Grace,” to come to a relaxed informal time to share thoughts, histories, dreams, conversations, laughter, songs, the bread and wine of communion, the fresh air of the hill country, and good food.
- “Led by Faith,” you may hike to the cross on the mountain, read your Bibles, play, eat, visit, and rock on the porch.
- “Welcoming All to Share God’s Love,” we will meet new friends and have time to relax and be with those we may not know so well. This is a great event to invite friends to share in the family life of Gethsemane.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25
10-12 noon Registration, fellowship, set up and move into your cabins
12:00 p.m. Lunch!
1:30 p.m. All ages gather together
3:00 p.m. FREE TIME! Hike to the cross, baseball, kite flying, resting, fishing, singing, soccer, canoeing, nap, R & R, rocking, visiting
5:30 p.m. Sing–A–Long and group photo at the dining hall!
6:00 p.m. Supper
7:00 p.m. Family of Gethsemane (FOG) Talent Show
8:00 p.m. Campfire Communion Service
9:00 p.m. S’mores, games, singing
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26
7:00 a.m. Coffee available!
8:45 a.m. Morning Worship and memorial brick laying
9:30 a.m. Sunday Brunch & Free Time
3:00 p.m. Check Out
*Schedule subject to change
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping bag, sheets, blankets, pillows
- Quilt for grass sitting
- Towels and washcloths
- Hiking shoes or tennis shoes
- Jacket or sweater for chilly nights
- Sports equipment
- Board games (Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, Dominoes, Risk, cards, etc.)
- Snacks, chip, dips, sweets, etc. for evening sharing
- Musical instruments
- Talent and props for the FOG Talent Show
- Great attitude; leave troubles behind
- ONLY COMFORTABLE CLOTHES
- Sorry, no pets at the camp!
Cabins With All Three Meals (prices are per person):
Adults (13 & up): $95
Ages 4-12: $55
3 & under: Free
Tent Camp or Book Your Own Motel – if you tent or stay in a motel, these costs apply as a camp usage fee and include meals (prices are per person):
Tent campers (13 & up): $35
Ages 4-12: $18
3 & under Free
Saturday Day Use ONLY:
$25 per person (includes 2 meals)
Add On Friday:
You may come in Friday evening after 7 p.m. for only $15 per person but must be reserved in advance. No meals included.
Extra offering gifts are welcomed to help cover any additional expenses and activities.
HELP PAVE THE WAY!
You can leave a lasting impression by purchasing a personalized brick, which will be installed in the pathways around Camp Chrysalis. For $75 you can inscribe 3 lines of text on a 4X4 brick.