Called by Grace, Led by Faith, Welcoming All to Share God’s Love
GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- Called by the Grace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to live out God’s Word, knowing we are saved.
- Led by Faith, filled with the Holy Spirit, and thankful, knowing we are accepted as a child of God.
- Transformed by the Holy Spirit to be open to and welcoming of change throughout our spiritual journeys.
- Welcoming all whom we meet each day, sharing the Glory of the Gospel and telling the story of Jesus Christ.
VISION STATEMENTS OF HOW WE LIVE OUR MISSION
- to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacraments;
- to provide, in accordance with Lutheran tradition, a place of worship, fellowship, Christian education and music;
- to embrace diversity by welcoming people of all races, religions, cultures, ages, sexual orientation and relationship status;
- to form a supportive community that embraces opportunities for spiritual growth and the development of supportive, respectful and accepting relationships;
- to carry out the work of God by committing resources, time and talents in meeting the needs of others locally, nationally and globally;
- to support the causes of peace and provide help for those in need throughout the world;
- to foster Christ’s vision of a better world by challenging bigotry, injustice and inhumanity.
Gethsemane is an historic, alive church on the north side of Austin near the intersection of Interstate 35 and Highway 183. We are multigenerational and strive to be a community where faith and friendships are nurtured in a safe, accepting and affirming style of church life. When you worship at Gethsemane, there is no “dress code.” Come as you are! We encourage God’s children of all ages to worship, learn, and serve together. All have a place at God’s table of grace and are welcome to fully participate in the ministry of Christ which we share. We open our doors to all who may have been excluded because of sexual orientations, gender identities/expressions, race, economic status, ability, age, or station in life.